Facility management is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology.
Facilities Management is the integration of processes within an organisation to maintain and develop the agreed services which support and improve the effectiveness of its primary activities.
The practice of facility management engineering is a multi-faceted field that focuses on the upkeep, care, and evolution of commercial, large-scale manufacturing and warehouse buildings, among others, in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Facilities managers are responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of an organisation. They ensure that an organisation has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities.
Duties vary with the nature of the organisation, but facilities managers generally focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
This is a wide field with a diverse range of responsibilities, which are dependant on the structure and size of the organisation.
Facilities managers are involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises. Likely areas of responsibility include:
- procurement and contract management
- building and grounds maintenance
- catering and vending
- health and safety
- utilities and communications infrastructure
- space management
Our facility management services include:
- Strategic Facilities Management
- Operational Facilities Management
- Strategic Consultancy
- Organizational check and process optimization (primary and secondary processes)
- Establishment of real estate and FM organizations
- Selection and ongoing training of employees
- FM during planning and construction, sustainable building operation
- Planning check and planning optimization
- Operating cost simulation and operating cost optimization
- Risk Assessment
- Planning of commissioning and support during commissioning
- Technical & economic construction consulting / Technical & economic controlling
- Procurement Planning and Advice
- Defect management and implementation management
- Operating cost benchmarking / Cost benchmarking
- Operating cost optimization and operating cost check
- Data acquisition & documentation
- Contract Management and Performance
- Invitation to tender for FM services and property management services
- Preliminary costing of FM services (market simulation)
- Support during start-up and implementation
- Green FM and implementation of sustainable building operation
- IT and CAFM consulting